Thursday, May 7, 2009

Still Here!

I'm still here, but too busy at work and too tired in the evening to sew as much as I would like to. The second fitting of the prom dress was pretty good. My niece was all smiles, giggles, and jokes. I was glad to have a "happy" fitting. The purse and wrap are finished. But I'm having a hard time finding the right color ribbon for the garter belt. Today I'll stop by Vogue Fabrics; they are sure to have what I need. The plan is to have my nieces dress finished by Monday.

In the meantime, I've gotten a lot of commissions for sewing projects. I need to take a breather. Plus there are some things I want to make for DD and I. So no client sewing for the rest of May and all of June.

DD and friends are headed to the Anime Convention near O'Hare Airport. These brainy college coed's are crafty little ladies. They rented a table to sell their handmade jewelry and other crafts. DD encouraged me to sell some of my accessories as well. So she taking several of my crocheted caps and scarves. I also made a few crushed velvet and satin scarves with fringes or beads. The convention last through the weekend. Sunday night I'll find out how much they enjoyed the convention.

I'm a little behind with responding to e-mail and reading blogs. Hopefully I'll catch up soon.

That's all for now.
Happy Sewing!
C

2 comments:

  1. Life is full of exciting things that keep us busy sometimes. It's certain you are still there and we would be looking forward to seeing your lovely projects.. Have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely hard to do everything but you still seem to accomplish so much so a breather will be nice for you.
    Have a great week end :))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin