Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Holiday Sewing - Pt V Mad About Plaid



This is the review of my Holiday sewing. This is an easy one. Two Simplicity patterns 2758 and 2310, one outfit. DD and I decided to do a few zany pictures for this review.

Pattern Description: Vest (2310) Misses' tunic, tie belt and vest. Skirt (2758) Misses' pleated skirt in two lengths, half circle skirt and shirt.

Pattern Sizing: 6- 20. I used 10/12

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? The vest did. I omitted the pockets and length the skirt.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, No problems.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Both patterns selected by DD. For me - The vest is a little too boxy.

Fabric Used: Wool blend from Hancock.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
- No changes to the vest.






- Omitted the pockets on skirt
- Length the skirt
- Added lining to the skirt

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes and yes.

Conclusion: Both patterns were quite easy to sew. A beginner could sew them with no problems.




Okay, That's it for the Holiday sewing!

Parting Shot: On Tuesday, I almost finished a Simplicity Jacket 2452A. But I didn't have enough buttons.




11 comments:

  1. Wowza! You sewed up a storm for Christmas. I need to get my name on your Christmas list! *LOL* I know why all of your family members look so happy in the pictures...how marvelous to receive one of your couture garments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!!!! You did a great job on the holiday sewing gift. I know that your sisters and your daughter love you very much. Awsome job.Hmmm that gives me an idea for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great group of garments! I love that you're able to sew for people who appreciate what you've made. I think my fav is that red velvet outfit you made - just smashing on your sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! It is so 80's, and I love the 80's. It looks great on her. Claudine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am crazy about plaid!! It's so lovely!
    Have a Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome plaid-ing, and I've enjoyed all the holiday sewing share-athon. From the looks on all the lovelies' countenances, they are enjoying the fruits of your labor, too!

    Happy New Year, dahling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this colour of plaid! Great sewing during the holidays, I have also enjoyed your creations! It is a pleasure to read your blog and I look forward to seeing more of your designs! BTW beatiful family also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this outfit on her, it's sooooo cute!! I really would like to see the rest of your jacket too. The "parting shot" looks great! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, beautiful pieces, Gotei much of the print and trim. Congratulations.

    Hugs

    Eilane - Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute outfit! Love the little belt detail on the back of the vest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I miss sewing with plaids...
    I've been admiring your latest creations, they all look awesome

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin