Friday, June 1, 2018

Highlights - My How Times Flies

Hello June!

The months of April and May went by so fast.  It's a blur to me because both months were jam packed with events and activities.  There were a few moments, actually a lot of moments were I did sew.  But that is as far as it goes.  Many projects to share.  I just need to take photos.

So, let me give the highlights of my many events and activities:

House

Starting from early March, I had some pre-estimates done for water seepage in my basement.  I couldn't believe it.  I've only lived here about 2.5 years.  So you can imagine my frustration with the entire situation.  Of course, I will spare you all the details.  Anyway, Everdry will start working on resolving the problem early Monday morning.  I hate having work done.  It's such an inconvenience.  But it's necessary.  The affected area are the crawl space, sewing studio, and laundry room. This entire situation has occupied too much of my thinking time and has kept me up at night trying to figure out how to best tackle the situation.  Today, I am at the point of, "let's get it done."  On the positive, after it's done I will finally start to organize my sewing studio.  Okay enough on that.

Haute Couture Club

The HCC fashion show was on May 5th.   I had twelve outfits modeled.  That's a record for me.  My daughter, sister and I each modeled four outfits.  This should never happen again. ;-) 

The hard work and effort made by the club members help make the show a success.  It always makes me happy to see all the ladies lined up back stage awaiting their turn to strut the runway in the custom made clothes.  It is certainly a proud moment for everyone that participates.  Now that it is over, I can calm down and start to think about what I might want to put in the show next year.

The HCC June banquet is tomorrow at the Yacht Club of Chicago.  This will be the final event for the 2017-2018 year.  Currently, I serve on the Board of Directors as the Nominating Committee.  This post is supposed to be for two years.  I served for three.  The installation of the 2018-2019 board is part of the activities planned for the day. We will have a guest speaker,  Professor Sandra Henderson-Williams, who has worked in the fashion industry for over three decades. I'm looking forward to attending.

We welcome new members.  Please go to our website On the homepage you can click the link under "join or renew your membership today!"








Mood Sewing Network

I'm playing catch up.  Several garments made with Mood Fabric, but no posting in awhile.  So, hopefully this weekend I'll get the pictures I need to complete the posts.

Sewing Projects

In summary, I made:  1 coat for my daughter (fashion show); 1 blouse for my daughter; 1 dress for me, 4 pairs of pants for me; 2 tops for me; and 1 jumpsuit for me.  These are the garments I hoped to blog about this month.

Fabric

OMG!  I have amassed a huge amount of fabric over the past two months.  I need to sew like the wind!  There are many, many ideas in my head for summer and fall.  Starting with some summertime sewing.  I purchased several yardages of green textiles.  Most of it I want to have sewn before September.   Take a look.  Pretty, right?  Anyway, I love them all.





Other Fun Events

Spring Spa Weekend at the Fontana Avani Spa at beautiful Lake Geneva.  I love this place.  My sister, cousin, and bestie also made the track up to Wisconsin for a fabulous spa weekend.  Here is the link if you are interested:  Fontana Avani Spa Resort




Doc's patient and staff appreciation cook out in Pottawattomie, Indiana.  Great food, location, music, and great time.
Part of the band


10 comments:

  1. You have been busy! Glad to hear the fashion show went well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I'm too busy for myself. LOL! The Everdry workers just left. More messy work to be done tomorrow. I'm tried already. Thanks, Carolyn. C

      Delete
  2. I can’t wait to see your posts and pictures of the clothes you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my you have been busy, but it's always so nice to see one of your blog posts pop up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so enjoyed the fashion show -sure wish I lived closer to attend more events . All your items for you & your family were amazing . You have a great eye for color & Style .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maryellen. I glad you enjoyed the show.

      Delete
  5. Sorry about your house, what an inconvenience! Hope the work will be done quickly. My you've been busy! I can't wait to see all the garments you've made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Everdry workers just left. More tomorrow. Thanks again.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin