Thursday, May 30, 2019

Neutrals - Always Trending



Good day!

How about a little fashion talk?  Today, I want to share a few thoughts on neutral color fashion.  In my world neutral tones are always trending.  All of the colors are in my color palette (above image).  The brown and green hues compliment my warm dark brown skin and eye color.

Neutrals colors are not extremely eye grabbing but perfect for mixing and matching with other colors and prints.


Throughout the years, I've made it a point to up-date my wardrobe with several neutral pieces to fill in a grab or to update a look or styled outfit.  Sometimes my neutral garment is the main ingredient of my outfit like in my previous post. And other times I add a neutral to mix with a bold color.


In both cases, neutral are in important to my wardrobe and at times can save an outfit. My neutrals are like staple.  My wardrobe would not be complete without them.  So recently, I took a good look into my closets and noticed there weren't many neutral staples.  So this year, I decided to concentration some of my creative efforts towards filling in the gab.

So for the ladies and gents that share a similar state of wardrobe, please join me in my quest.  Or tell me how you feel are "being neutral".

In the meantime, enjoy the inspiration included in this post.

Happy Sewing!
C


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE all of your tips and completely agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at your examples. I agree, neutrals are essential, but I honestly find it hard to get excited about sewing them! A print or geometric design always gets bumped up in the priority to sew list. Although, I know that neutrals are great for sewing up patterns with interesting design lines, so that the lines are more visible. They are also great for a background for a beautiful necklace or belt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very true! I am excited to see where you are headed with this. I agree that those tones would look pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My neutral isn't in that grouping - it is shades of purple! Enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin