Saturday, June 29, 2019

About Last Week - SewCamp


Gaylen and Jay Owners' of the B&B



Some of the lovely ladies at Breakfast

SewCamp was so much fun!  I had an opportunity to see some old friends and make some new ones.  I headed for Philadelphia early Thursday morning.  Andrea picked me up at the airport.  We went to get Philly Steak and fries.  Then off to JoMar for our first fabric shopping experience of the weekend.  After that, we picked up Laquana (of course, we had to bring her a cheese steak too. Lol)

Andrea

Laquana with her sewing projects


Group after the shopping
Next stop Carriage Corner for our four day Sew Camp!  Within an hour of our arrival, we were all gathered in the sew studio selecting sewing stations and pulling out projects to sew.  On Friday after breakfast, we quickly got into the van and headed to Fabric Mart fabric.  Look at the group fabric haul.
Just a few pieces from my fabric haul.

Over the next few days, we did some serious power sewing.  Everyone enjoying the process and the company of fellow sewists.  There was all kinds of buzzing in the sew studio. We were helping fit each other, doing tutorials, snacking, and talking about the news of the day.  Gaylen and Jay are the best.  Hosting a Sew Camp is a big deal.  The preparing of the accommodations, meals, and sharing a lovely studio is a lot of work.  But Gaylen and Jay never failed to make this the most enjoyable experience.
Me with my sewing projects

On Saturday afternoon a few of us decided to take a walk to the local Quilt shop were they sold high end quilter's cotton and notions.  On the way, we stopped a fudge shop to pick up some treats.  After shopping back to Carriage Corner to continue with our sewing marathon.


Lady in the fudge shop

Fudge Shop

Carolyn kindly did photo shoots for each of us on Sunday and Monday.  Each of us have a series of photos to select from for Instagram and blog posts.  I think she took over 100 pictures of three outfits for me.  Great start for blogging my pattern and sewing project reviews.

Monday afternoon, my kind friend, Andrea, drove me and Laquana back to the airport for our flights home. I love everything about Sew Camp:  the location, the hopping, and the sewing with friends.  I'm looking forward to my next Sew Camp in 2020.

For more Sew Camp stories, check out these posts:

Carolyn, Diary of a Sewing Fantatic
Gaylen, gMarie Sews 
Andrea, Knit-Knac
Laquana, Made by Laquana 


Happy Sewing!
C

11 comments:

  1. What fun! Wish I lived closer so I could participate. Sewing can be such a solitary hobby so this camp shows the value of getting together. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was soooooo good to spend some quality time with you! And the 4.5 days is so relaxing allowing us to sew, shop and chat. See you in 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hey Q, We did. Til next time and many calls in between. ;-)

      Delete
  4. I am glad you had a wonderful time! It looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Vanessa. It was fun. You should think about coming.

      Delete
  5. Another wonderful review - again, I'm blushing. I so enjoyed seeing you again. I wish I had your boogie down! You girls made the photo session so much fun! Until 2020! g

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like all of you had a terrific time. Sorry I missed it. You got some lovely fabrics, and made some beautiful garments. Really enjoyed the review and photos.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin