Wednesday, February 25, 2015

McCall 6797 - A Great Drape Top







I don't know if you can call McCall's 6797 a wardrobe staple. But there are now three versions of this top in my closet. It can be worn with jeans, slim pants, and flared bottom skirts. Very versatile and stylish.







I love it if I may say so myself. This third version was sewn much like the first one, with a 1 1/2" reduction in the length of the neckband. This black, gray and ivory knit was purchased from the Textile Warehouse in Chicago. It has more stretch than the green knit fabric, which made a difference in how the top falls across my body.


I have so many, many top pattern, but this one remains in the front of the "current" top pattern stacks. It's quick and fits the bill for a stylish top.

 Happy Sewing!
C

7 comments:

  1. I have this pattern and love it too! Isn't it fun? It looks great on you. It works up nicely in stripes if you are so inclined. Great top, Cenetta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we're going to have to call you speedy lol! are you challenging yourself to make a blouse a day? lol! this one is beautiful as well!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nanna, Thanks. No challenge. I have about 20 more garments to blog about. Some misses and some hits. This week I am trying to post all reviews for recently made tops. Knits tops are pretty easy for me once I nail down the fit. So expect to here from me tomorrow. Thanks again.

      Delete
  3. This is a great top. I think I'll try it again with the sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an unusual design but very effective. Beautiful tops and I love the green one with your pencil skirt and boots.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin