Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Simplicity 1198 - I Couldn't Resist Making Another One





I like the green version of Simplicity 1198 so well, I couldn't resist making another one.

The multi-color fabric is part of the Hancock spring fabric collection. As soon as I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for another version of this cute side drape top.





I made this one the same as the last. The fabric does not have as much stretch as the green knit from Vogue fabric, but there was enough stretch to skip any fitting adjustments.

I really like the color palette. It can be worn with a variety of colors. For spring I will make two pairs of pants: ivory and paprika. Both will look great with this top. Today, it's worn with Vogue 8799 made a few years ago.

That's all for now. Happy Sewing!
C

15 comments:

  1. This is a great knit top. I love the print and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the easy style of these tops...just added that pattern to my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patty. They really sew up quickly with no problems.

      Delete
  3. Lovely fabric - and beautifully made. Such a great style on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can certainly see why you couldn't resist making another one. This fabric suits you so well and those pants are gorgeous too. Fabulous outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that fabric! Thank goodness we have a Hancock where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh- beautiful top! I'll have to check out both the pattern and the Spring fabrics at Hancock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1st thank you for giving me an excuse to run to Hancocks lol! the blouse is fantastic! & pops with color! love it!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Helen. Have fun at Hancock's. Thanks.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin