Sunday, July 31, 2016

Soft Bisque Solid Viscose Jersey - Simplicity 8131






 Mood's viscose jersey is so soft and comfy.  It feels like you are wearing pajamas.  This lovely fabric comes in five dreamy colors.  Something for every complexion.  I chose soft bisque; it's a perfect neutral that can be paired with almost any color.






I used Simplicity 8131 to make this top.  The pattern is for woven fabrics, but works well with this light weight knit. I don't always follow the recommended fabrics.  Making my own clothes gives me the freedom to choose my own fabric and pattern combinations. 


This pattern is described as:  misses' pullover blouses with sleeve and bow tie variations.  Kind of vague as usual.  But nevertheless, Simplicity provides decent illustrations of the blouse.  So you get a good idea as to how the blouse will look. 

It comes in sizes 6 to 22.  I used size 14 with modifications.  There is nothing difficult in the instructions.  Typical.  I brought this pattern for view F.  But this first time around I made view A.  This is my test to see if this top works for me.  I must admit I do like it better belted.  My only real dislike is the facing.  It flips out and is visual through the blouse.  No biggie, just a small dislike.

I made a few of my usual alterations:  full bust adjustment and prominent shoulder blades.  I didn't add a bust dart.  Half of the excess was ease into the side seam and the rest rotated to the gathers near the shoulders.


I plan to make it again in a red viscose batiste.  This is an easy blouse to sew and I do recommend it to others.

Parting shot:  A wasp wanted to get in on the photo shoot.  I couldn't concentrate of posing for fear it would get on me. Lol


23 comments:

  1. This top is on my to do pile!! I love this!!!!! Pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blouse and it looks so soft and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to sew, then my machine died and I never picked it up again. Your blog is inspiring me to resume sewing. I find it so fascinating and you do such a great job in description. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, welcome to my blog. I hope to continue to inspire you. Blow the dust off your machine and join the sewing party. Thanks, C

      Delete
  4. great neutral and will be nice for fall with a blazer. I agree with you - it is kind of fun to use a fabric that is out of the ordinary for any particular pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth. This is definitely a transition piece.

      Delete
  5. I love this blouse, so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice and a terrific neutral for you. Your fit is impeccable as always and an inspiration. I love that you post your patterns and I always look very carefully at your full bust alterations. Thank you for sharing your expertise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy. But I'm no expert. Trying to make it work for me.

      Delete
  7. So classy! This is what I need to focus on for work.
    Thank you for sharing, I'm going to use this for inspiration for my fall work wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the neutral colour you've used for the top. So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gail. There are a few more I want to sew before the end of the year.

      Delete
  9. Lovely color! As you said it is a nice neutral to wear with many other colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this ensemble. It looks so comfortable and the color is so dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tomasa. At first I thought this color would wash me out. But turns out it's okay.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin