Thursday, February 11, 2021

Rewind - First Project of 2021 - Leggings Simplicity S1280

 

Simplicity S1280 Leggings, S8423 Turban,  and Naughty Bobbin Presto Popover top 


I almost forgot to post my first project made in 2021.  These leggings were easy.  But I did need to tweak the pattern a bit to make actual leggings.  This is the same pattern I used for the Christmas knit pajama pants.  These pants fit more like a pair of knit pull on pant.  So, I had to taper the legs on the in and outer seams to make them leggings.

My preference is the Papercut Ohhlala leggings, but for this fabric I need a one or two piece pattern to do the fabric justice.

Pattern


The fabric is a plaid jersey knit that I purchase from Mood Fabrics a few years ago.  I finally got around to making the leggings.  

I pretty much follow the pattern instructions with the exceptions of my changes to taper and lengthen the leg.  Super easy and simple.



This was a short post.  Stay tune for more on my sewing adventures.


Happy Sewing!

C


5 comments:

  1. I love those leggings. You look really good in them. I wish I’d had your figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cennetta, I am a 70 year old non-sewer but I love your blog. The creativity and thought that you bring to your sewing projects is interesting to me and very impressive. Love this outfit and the colors are fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out very cute! I don't always recognize all the changes that can be made to patterns and it helps me to see someone do that.Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so nice and you styled with a matching head wrap. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great looking outfit. Love your head wrap too. Great job working that plaid!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin