Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Simplicity Accessories S2508 - Tackling UFO's in 2021 - Part I



In the past six months I have made so many hats!  This next post adds two more to the list of completed toppers.  I'm pleased with getting off to a good start with accomplishing my sewing goals for 2021.  I'd like to complete at least one UFO per month.  So for January and February, I finished three things:  two hats and a scarf.  

Oh, it's so amazing how time flies.  These projects were cut and stored from over seven years.  Incredible..,  It only seems like yesterday.  

Often I'm so excited about sewing, and I want to make everything.  Then I see something on social media that inspires me to try even more things.  Thus, I end up with so many projects to make and/or finish.  This year, I'm making an effort to slow down the excitement and focus more on the project before me and get it done.


Simplicity S2508

This pattern is out of print.  It's loaded with goodies: jacket, scarf, hat, shawl.  Nice accessories and coordinates to try.

I made view E and F  The pattern has grouped sizes 6-14 and 14-22.  The hats come in sizes small, medium, and large.  I made a large.  The fabric I used is anti-pill polar fleece.

My hats and the scarf look like the illustrations on the envelope and guide sheet.    The instructions were typical and easy to follow.  Nothing confusing.



I found the construction of the hat interesting.  The brim has cording incased to form a ridge.  I like the affect.  I didn't follow step 5 for the bow.  I just machine stitched it to the hat.  I enjoyed making the flower and leaves for the scarf.  I do like making those little extras.



Overall, there was nothing to dislike in the construction or the finish projects.  I enjoyed making both the hat and scarf.  It took me less than two hours to make all three pieces.  

I like how these accessories turned out.  Really quick projects.  Good for all level sewists.  And I do recommend this pattern if you have it.  



My UFO bind is getting smaller.  wink, wink. I have to figure out what will I finish next.  So in the meantime, I hope you are having a great day.  Do something that brings you happiness.  It's the little things that seem to count the most these days.


Parting Shots:  Facial masks - I apply at least one per day.  During these cold, blustery winter months, stay hydrated.  Drink plenty of water and keep you skin moisturized too.  Masks are a great additional to my facial routine. 




Enjoy and Happy Sewing!

C

3 comments:

  1. When I read your comment about the masks, I thought, "Good for her for wearing a mask", but what an odd way to describe it. "Apply"? Then I realized you were talking about lovely products to soothe your skin. I guess it's a sign of the times that my brain went first to MASK. :) Thanks for sharing your sewing experiences with us. I enjoy your blog posts immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cord does give a nice touch to the hat. I wonder how big you can go with the cord before it looks odd or need major pattern tweaks. Hats without brims or other fullness in that area aren't a good look for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seven years? I would have lost interest ages ago! But seriously, those projects look sweet and useful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin