Monday, September 6, 2021

Notes On A Pattern - Vogue V1672

 





This is the bodice muslin of my next dress.  Usually, I only make the bodice of dresses because the upper body is where my fit challenges are.  Below the waist is a piece of cake to fit.  

My pattern of choice is Vogue V1672 and the fabric for it is from Mood Fabrics.  I purchased the fabric January 2020.  It's no longer available at their online store.  It's labelled as Italian Black Turkish Coffee and Harvest Gold Purse.  It's a cotton blend and has a soft hand.  I think it's perfect for a fall version of this dress.  

Here are my pattern fit adjustments.  I started with the usual full bust adjustment.  Then I created the muslin and tweaked it where necessary.  In the picture above, I pinned along the upper princess seam between the side and front for a better fit.  For the back, I made the prominent shoulder adjustment/broad back adjustment.  A small dart was made at the shoulder seam.  The back waist dart is deepen as I only need more room across the upper back where my shoulder blades are.  Once I have tweaked the fit on the muslin, I adjusted the tissue pattern again to include the changes.  Now I'm ready to continue to the next step of cutting out the dress.




This dress is described as: Lined dress with fitted bodice, side seam pockets, back zipper, and sleeve variations.  It is available in two size groupings (4-14 and 14-22).

I love the mock wrap bodice and the FULL skirt.  I can not wait to start working with my fashion fabric.  Stay tuned.  I'm hoping to start the work on this one soon.

Happy Sewing!
C


5 comments:

  1. Wow - this is going to be gorgeous! Thanks for showing your adjustment process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be so beautiful. Holding my breath, here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabric is beautiful! Can you explain how you did the FBA with the dart on the princess seam? I can not for the life of me find anything on how to do this in any of my books or online resources. I can FBA everything else but this one has be stumped! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen, I didn't change the dart size, only the position it. I lowered it with doing the fba. The fba is the standard process for a princess seam. Thanks and I hope that helps.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin