Monday, March 28, 2022

Contrasting Band - Sewing Tips Simplicity S8992

 


Simplicity S8992



I recently made Simpmicity S8992 with a contrasting band. Today I want to share how it did it with the front and back facings.

Below are the steps. Sorry no illustrations of those steps. When I made it, I didn't think to take pictures.


From facing to band:

I decided to contrast the band. But before I attached it to the dress, I stitched the interfacing together as well as the front and back facing. Next, with right-sides together, I stitched the outer edge, turned and pressed. This created a clean edge on the band. Finally, I stitched the band to the front and neckline with the right-side of the band facing the wrong-side of the dress, turned the band to the right-side of the dress, pressed, and stitched to the dress along the outer edge.




Stabilized Buttonholes:

To sew neat buttonholes, I used stabilizer.  Also, I adjusted the tension of the foot and the feed dog so that the fabric could flow smooth between the two.

I hope these tips are helpful. I will post more on the dress soon.

Happy Sewing!
C

Parting shot: Celebrating one of my sewing students' latest creations. Ms. Bonnie made McCall's 8289 dress ( she used a different skirt pattern - not enough fabric for the one that came in the envelop.)  Dress well done! Two snaps up for Ms. Bonnie 




2 comments:

  1. Great detail. I love how the contrast with the dark belt really accents your dress and figure, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunny, I love the print of the fabric, but I also wanted to break it up in a way that will create a flattering silhouette.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin