Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Simplicity S8992 A Simple Easy Dress

 






Pattern Description:  Misses' front buttoning dress or cardigan, with options for pattern hacking. Garment length and sleeve length variations. Designed and sized for stretch knit fabrics only. Can be constructed using an overlocker/serger. I used size large with a few modifications. 




Pattern Sizing:  It's contains Sizing XXS to XXL.  I made view A, the dress with belt loops and belt.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  It does look like the drawing. I decided to contrast the belt and create a contrasting band much like the inspiration dress. Note:  I made two belts: one in the floral knit and the other in the contrasting ribbed knit. 

Were the instructions easy to follow?  The instructions were easy and typical. There was nothing confusing in them. A beginner should be able to make this.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  There is much to like about the pattern. It's a great template for designing your own cardigans and button- front knit dresses. That is one of my favorite elements about the pattern  I like the fit and the style of the dress. This is a great silhouette for me, A- line. Third, the in-set pockets and the front and back facings doubling as a band to add some more interest to the dress.  That's what this pattern is about, having the option to create personalized look.





Fabric Used: This ponte roma double knit is from Minerva Fabrics. I love the vibrant colors and the feel of it.  These colors are so me. And who doesn't love a floral print.  It was easy to sew. I prewashed it and it came out of the dryer soft and fluffy. It's a great piece of textual.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  Lucky for me I didn't have to do major fit adjustments. The fabric had a fair amount of stretch, but it's not stretched out when I'm wearing the dress. It just rest nicely against my body. I only added a small amount of width at the bust area. Nothing more.  I was amazed at how well it fits. My other change was in the design. See previous post for that and a few tips.





Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes and yes. I want to make another dress and a cardigan. This pattern can be used again and again. All level sewists can craft beautiful pieces using this pattern.

Conclusion:  I am very pleased with how my dress turned out.  It sewed together with no problems and it wears like a dream. The colors of the fabric are spot on for me. And the texture of the is lovely.  Happiness.

Happy Sewing!
C










5 comments:

  1. Your modifications made your dress much prettier than the pattern illustration. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carol. I thought so and I'm happy with the results.

      Delete
  2. Everything about this is so flattering on you, Cenetta. The vee neckline, the dark bands going in all the right directions, the black belt, bright print. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bunny. I'm so happy it worked out.

      Delete
  3. It's beautiful! I absolute adore the color blocking, it really makes it a standout. And great fit, as usual.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin