Saturday, January 20, 2024

Copy That - Inspiration from Coachtopia Part I








It has been quite sometimes since I made a "Copy That" project. Today I decided to “reboot” the segment on my blog.  I’ve already made a few posts on Facebook and Instagram. 




Anyway, a dear friend of mines, drew my attention to a new product line under the Coach umbrella called Coachtopia.  Her cousin is actually the head designer for Coachtopia.  It is a fresh, youthful spend on classic designs.  One of my favorites is the Cloud tote.  It is a quilted tote bag that is big enough to carry a laptop in it.  





Some time ago, I downloaded the "Made Everyday Reversible Bag".  I made several for gifts.  I have yet to review it on my blog.  It is super easy to make.

So, I used the reversible bag to create my first Cloud tote inspired bag.  This first version is not perfect.  The straps are too wide and can easily slide off the shoulder. 

My second version is already in the works.  I made it with lightly thinner straps and a longer body in hopes of  copying the shape of the Cloud tote.

Stay tuned, More later.


8 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you posting again. You always inspire me to make some clothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad to share my sewing experiences.

      Delete
  2. You've inspired me to make this, so I'm copying a copy! Did you use binding tape, or is that the lining coming over? What did you use for the lining? Do you think you'll need more than a yard if you lengthen the body of the bag? I'm ready to order fabric now to make this, you've got me so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You will need about a yard of fashion fabric and lining fabric. Any lining fabric, your choice. I used lining fabric to make my own seam binding. I'll talk more about that in the next post. Thank you again.

      Delete
  3. Your ambition is inspiring! Nice tote bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, I'm excited to see your results. It's great that you decided to resume this fun segment of your sewing for us to enjoy. The cloud bag is very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bonnie. It's good to sew more these days.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin