Sunday, January 31, 2021

Scrap Busting with Simplicity Turban - S8423




One of my sewing goals is to sew and/or donate a large portion of the fabric scraps that I have accumulated over the years.  This may take some time.  But I'm going to take to stash bust as many scraps as I can.  One way I'm doing it is to make accessories.  



At the end of 2020, I started making turbans using Simplicity S8423.  It is so quick and easy.  Tje pattern piece is a rectangle and two seams to sew.  Literally, it took me 15 minutes from cut to sew to make one of these.  So I made ten of them.  The first one was made out of a remnant from my Cashmerette dress, the blue paisley one.  



I gifted it to Venus.  She a Nurses Aide at Senior facility near Chicago.  Venus was very happy to have it.  In fact she purchased three more from me just last week.  



These little turbans are great for holding you hair in place during facials and make-up applications.  Or wearing it as a head wrap like Ms. Venus.  

So here's to the easiest sewing project ever.

Caution regarding the sizing. This is a large. Depending on the stretch of the knit you may need to adjust the size along the opposite sides of the pattern that identifies the sizes.

Happy Sewing!

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin