Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Birthday Dress 2024 0 Simplicity S9820







Bonjour Sewing Friends,

Really quick post on my birthday dress.  I made it a few weeks before leaving for French.  I used Simplicity S9820.  I also used it for the crepe knit dress I made in June.  That project is posted here with all the pattern adjustments and details.  





The challenge for my red, sequin stretch velvet version was sewing through the sequins.  And using a size 16 embroidery sewing machine needle worked just fine.  It enabled me to NOT remove all of the sequins from the stitching path of the needle.  


I purchased my fabric from New Rainbow Fabrics on Roosevelt Road in Chicago.  At the time, they were having a 30 percent off sale.  So I got three yards for under $70.00.  For the facing at the neckline, I used a stretch velvet for a smooth surface against my skin.  Also, I lined it with a simple tricot knit.  So the dress was comfort to wear.


This dress did not take long to make.  Like the first version, it went together smoothly. I eliminated the bust dart by easing in the access fabric along the side.  Also, I needed to take it in a bit.  So, if I use the pattern again, I'll need to reduce my initial adjustments.  

There nothing more I could really add to the process.  I love how it turned out and it fits pretty well. 

 

Happy Sewing!

Cennetta


 

 





7 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin