Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Just A Little Catching Up

Today was the last day of class for me.  I'm very pleased with how well I've transitioned back into school.  But I'm glad I can relax and enjoy sewing a little more.

This morning, I realized I didn't wish my devoted readers a Happy Thanksgiving.  I hope you had a great feast with your family and friends.  

It's Christmas time again.  This is my favorite times of the year.  Most people seem to be happier and full of cheer during this holiday season.  I'm looking forward to spending more time with my family and friends. 

Over the past few weeks, I've been thinking about making things, all sorts of things; things to wear, things to sell, and things to teach other people who want to learn more about sewing.  Although, school has consumed a great deal of my time, I've managed to continue to teach a little and to sew a few garments.  My productivity is very low compared to last year. But that's okay.  I was blessed to attend two sewing retreats this year, which is awesome.  It gave me many opportunities to develop new skills and techniques.  I hope to set some new goals next month to take full advantage of the knowledge I've gained over the past several months.

The Haute Couture Club of Chicago Fashion Show is fast approaching (May, 2012).  I'm excited about the event and hope to make something special.  The next challenge is the Embellished Coat.  I haven't a clue as to what I will make for it.  We will see..

Well enough chatter for now.  I'll start reviewing the garments that I made during October and November.

Happy Sewing! 


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin