Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Second Time Around with Sandra Betzina's Vogue 1291



Last Friday, I made my second Sandra Betzina Butterfly top.  This time using knit fabric.  Before cutting it out, I readjusted the pattern by eliminating all of the changes made for the previous woven version.

This time around it sew up even quicker with no zipper to install.  I used two fabrics: the print is from Vogue and the Black Lux Jersey is from Supreme Novelty Fabrics.

Many of my Chicago sewing friends frequently shop at Supreme Novelty Fabrics, but three weeks ago was my first time.  It's only 5 minutes away from the job. I went looking for a nice knit for a Haute Couture Club Blue Challenge dress.  And of course, I found a few more fabrics to buy.  Good I was on my lunch break and needed to get back to work within an hour.  So the damage to my pocket was minimum. Lol

Okay, back to the review..,

This top is described as a loose-fitting, pullover top has bias neck band, front sleeve overlapping back sleeve forming shoulder opening, no shoulder seams and narrow hems.

I still like it for the reasons mentioned in the previous review.  It's stylish and comfortable.   I drafted a little skirt with a narrow black side panel to wear with it.  The two garments aren't so hot together but worn with other separates they look fine.

I plan to make some faux leather/knit skinny pant to wear with this new top. But in the meantime, I can pair it with jeans or my faux leather skirt (Burda 7303).

This is a great top to add to your wardrobe.  You can dress it up or down, and it is easy to sew.

Happy Sewing!
C

12 comments:

  1. Paired with the leather skirt, it's hot! But I really like the matching skirt. Great fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great. Love the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies.
    Rhonda B- I thought the matching skirt was overkill. So it was a good idea. ;-) DD didn't think so. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great top! I like the way you've styled it with the leather skirt. I've not heard of Supreme Fabrics before. Will have to check that one out next trip to Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so much better with solid colour on the sleeves compared to the pattern jacket image with solid in the centre and patterned sleeves. Works well with leather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Especially with that leather skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a cute top. Great with leather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can not decide if I like this top with leather skirt or maybe with the skirt of the same fabric as the top, the first option is very pretty and elegant, the second version looks like a dress, I think I love the two outfits ! Both! This means that this top is a real winner in your wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I really like your contrasting of fabrics and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We must be on the same sewing wavelength this month since I've been playing with the same pattern. I especially love yours with the leather skirt, wonderful styling!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Girlfriend! Why am I just finding your blog? You looked fabulous today at the luncheon and so did your beautiful daughter. And this leather skirt on you is as someone else said - hot! When you get a minute - do you have any of those? - you might enjoy a little lite reading....http://myhomeontheroam.blogspot.com/?spref=fb

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin