Thursday, August 19, 2021

Minerva ITY Silky Knit - McCall M7812 and Simplicity S9147 Third Time Is A Charm




This is a showing of a new top and pair of pants using patterns I've used before.  Once I work out fit issues of a good wardrobe staple pattern, it's so easy to make it again and again.  Such is the case with both M7812 and S9147.






It's been a few years since I used McCall 7812.  Here is the link to my review.  Simplicity 9147 is a new release, and I've made a modified version of the pants three times in less than four months.  Link to initial review is here.  Both patterns are now a TNT (tried and true) for me.  

For my latest version of the top, I used a lovely ITY silky knit from Minerva Fabrics.  I love the bold print and the vibrant colors.  Perfect for my little blue and red wardrobe.  My slacks are made using a beautiful stretch woven that I got from Mood Fabrics several years ago.  It was originally slated for a dress, but I changed my mind. Lol.  I have enough left  for a vest, which I'll make later.  Both fabrics were pre-washed and dried before I cut into them.  

So here is to TNT's.  Which TNT's do you most often grab?  Please share. ;-)

Happy Sewing!  More to come.

C


 

6 comments:

  1. This a stunning outfit and you wear it well! Always enjoy learning about your makes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! You look wonderful in this outfit. I'm going to check out the pants pattern for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours and style suit you so well. Not to mention the excellent sewing 😀.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning and you make the case for TNTs so well. I have a few but across the top of my head, the Acacia undies, my Sure Fit Pants Sloper that I use over and over and a tank top I designed myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bunny. It's great to have a few good TNT for those times when you need to whip up something quick or just a sure project to clean your palette after a long involved project.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin