Thursday, December 27, 2007

Hoodies - M4675


I've made view C of McCall's 4675 twice before for my DMF. He really likes them. So he asked me to make a few more. Sorry this photo isn't good. No pictures of him wearing it. Maybe he'll let me take one later; but I doubt it. :-)

Pattern Description:
MISSES’, MEN’S AND TEEN BOYS’ TOPS, PANTS, SOCKS AND BLANKET: Tops A, B have V-neck, shaped hemline and contrast binding; top C has side slits and hood with drawstring; pants have casing with drawstring; socks have non-skid bottom; instructions given for blanket with contrast binding.
Pattern Sizing:
X-Small to X-Large. I made an X-Large.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes and No. I added a front pocket using the pocket pattern of Simplicity 5362
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes. They were pretty straight forward. Nothing confusing or complicated.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Fabric Used: Anit-Pill Fleece from JoAnn's Fabric

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:
I made minor design change by adding the pocket. I made three of them: grey, blue, and black. The grey and black have the front pocket with no side opening at the hem. The blue hoodie has the openings, no pocket. I overlocked all of the edges. So I didn't tuck in the raw edges as suggested by the instructions.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes. My cousin wants this same hoodie in a plum colored fleece.

ConclusionThis was a easy hoodie to make. I would recommend it to others

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin