Thursday, December 27, 2007

Urban College Girl - Second Skirt S4961






I made this up after completing the coat.

Pattern Description: Misses' Pleated Skirts in Three Lengths. View D with modifications.






Pattern Sizing: 6 - 20. I sewed size 8.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? The front of the skirt did. I changed the back and added two inches to the length of the skirt.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes. They were straight forward.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Like pleated skirt. Great match for the plaid fabric that I had in my stash. Nothing to dislike.

Fabric Used: Red/Blue plaid from Vogue. Purchased about three years ago.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I dont' know what I was thinking when I purchased this fabric; I only brought 1 1/2 yards. I didn't have enough fabric to properly line up the plaid pattern on the skirt pieces. So I eliminated the two side back panels. I used the center back piece to cover the entire back of the skirt and added darts to fit the waist.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I have many more skirt patterns to try.

ConclusionThis is a great wardrobe builder.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin