Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Haute Couture Luncheon at Alhambra Palace

HCC Luncheon 3 2010

The club annual luncheon was held at the fabulous Alhambra Palace Restaurant on West Randolph Street. As always, a great time with all the creative ladies. More and more each day I'm lovin this community of sewists.

After lunch we got down to club business. This is the year for new officers. Mrs. Rhonda Buss (President) passed the baton to Marty Moser. We are under a new administration for the coming year.

Lots of exciting new activities and projects on the way. Next year's fashion show is all about Hollywood. Ms. Carol Scott and Ms. Sandra Young are chairs of the show. The first challenge of the year is to create a garment centered around one of the academy award winning films. A few caught my eye: Titanic, The Last Emperor, All About Eve..., I'm going to enter. Hopefully, I'll be able to see it through. The challenge takes place on November 6, 2010.

Here are a few photos for the luncheon:

HCC Hostess at Picture Table

Dedicated HCC hostess/member at fashion show picture table. I was surprised "we" had DVD of the show for sale.

Lovely Ladies of HCC 2010

Nik-ki, me, Mrs. Evans (Francine's mother), and Francine

Parting shots:
This season I was able to sew curtains for the kitchen and bathroom. JoAnn's had a very good sale over the holiday weekend and I picked up some home dec fabric for $2.00 per yard. Can't beat that!

Kitchen -




Bathroom -

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful restaurant and ladies looked fabulous. Love the kitchen curtains. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, it looks like the restaurant was very grand in style, you look great. I'm happy you had fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite a place? How old is it? Looks like lots of fun. Do you have a regular meeting place?
    BTW, how are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy,

    Alhambra is a fun place. Saturday was my first time there. Not sure how old it is. The club has there regular meeting at the Illinois School of Art and Design on Orleans Street, near downtown Chicago.

    Thanks,
    Cennetta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone,

    Have a great weekend!
    C

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a grand chandelier and a fun day you had. Lovely curtains... reminding me I need to iron and put up curtains.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin