Monday, June 21, 2010

Easy Breezy Shift Dress - Simplicity 2938 Revisited


After finishing S2692, I felt energized to finish another summer dress. This is a repeat of S2938 made two years ago. This time, I made my usual FBA, no back darts, and added a belt.

I followed the Threads tutorial for making your own bias tape.

Note on the shoes - I really wanted some of those new strappy galdiator sandals to wear with this dress, but didn't find the "right" pair for the "right" price.

The fabric is from JoAnn's which I got on sale for about six bucks per yard. It's floaty, soft with some gloss. I really like to colors in the print and the feel of this fabric.

This dress is easy and a great wardrobe builder. I may make one more this summer.

Coming soon: More dresses, of course; but I really need to finish up the tops and pants that already cut and ready to sew.

Happy Sewing!
C

20 comments:

  1. The fabric is lovely. I really, really like this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look amazing, this dress is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's an awesome print! i love the dress, it looks super chic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute! looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty dress! Great fot summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!
    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog and your thyroid post, which was very informative. Thanks for sharing. My mother also had a goiter when I was about 9 and they said at that time that Chicago was in the 'goiter belt' - not enough iodine in the soil. But back to sewing. Have you checked out a great neighborhood group in Chgo? http://sewchicago.wordpress.com/
    My ASG guild in Madison WI is getting together with them in August. Might be a nice fit for you. Wishing you the best, Lorel

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the dress queen! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone!

    Lorel - Thanks for commenting on the thyroid post. My doctor need mention possible iodine deficiency. I allergic to shell fish as a result I consume even less iodine.

    I'm a member of the Haute Couture Club of Chicago. I'll take of look at your site for information.

    Thanks again,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect fit on this and the colors really compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Canetta,

    You have done a great job to share to people your passion, keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! One can't have too many shift dresses that look this great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous dress... love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another stunning dress! You are sewing like a storm!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning on you! I'm a great fan of shift dresses, and love the colours in your fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great dress! It looks comfortable to wear yet totally professional.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You certainly inspire me to start a dress. The fit is fabulous. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin